Please welcome Phil Kibby who has joined the SkyViewTek team as Help Desk Support / Computer Technician. Phil brings over ten years of operations / I.T. experience. He can be reached at 610-590-5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org – or, for support requests related to your corporate office or work-from-home setup, please email email@example.com.
Tag: managed IT services
The benefits of managed IT services have become more apparent to businesses due to advancing technology and increasing dependence on reliable networks and systems. In this unprecedented time as we are in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, the advantage of having a team that can remotely support your system is obvious. On a regular basis, managed IT services provide a plethora of advantages over the typical break/fix model of IT, from increased productivity to lower expenses for your business. Below are some of the ways your business can benefit from a managed service provider (MSP).
Many businesses are shifting business models to incorporate more remote work. This move is welcome to many employees, but the change involves many challenges that businesses may be unprepared to meet, such as proper cabling, connection strength, and cyber security. Recently, SkyViewTek owner Bernie Orglmeister met with VIEWS Digital Marketing Agency to discuss some of the challenges, and the ways that SkyViewTek managed IT services help to make the transition less stressful. Read the entire interview transcript below, or watch the video.
The US National Security Agency (NSA) discovered a serious flaw in Windows 10 that could expose users to surveillance or serious data breaches. The NSA confirmed that the vulnerability affects Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 and 2019, for which Microsoft has released updates. It said that it flagged the dangerous bug because the Windows 10 flaw “makes trust vulnerable.” In the past, the NSA might have kept the security hole to itself, using it to spy on adversaries.
If your business subscribes to the Proactive Monitoring / Managed Services of SkyViewTek, then we took care of installing the patch to your computer network overnight last night. However, you should restart your computer when you get into the office. But if you are managing your own computer network or have not yet migrated from Windows XP or Windows 7 to Windows 10, then we suggest you contact SkyViewTek as soon as possible for assistance.
As always, you should continue to implement best practices and common sense when using your computer, and opening email or documents, or clicking on links. For more information or for a consultation, please contact SkyViewTek today to manage your computer network and to help minimize cyber security risks. Call 610-590-5006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Engadget January 14, 2020
The SkyViewTek IT Support and Consulting team has expanded to help meet the growing needs of our small business clients across Greater Philadelphia. Pictured from left to right: Eric Gibbs, Help Desk Support; Susan Dykas, Operations; Kitsi Cox, Scheduler; Andrea Blenk, Bookkeeper, and Bernie Orglmeister, Owner & Senior Engineer.
Please stop by our office in Malvern to say hello. Also, you can reach us at 610-590-5006 or email email@example.com. For tech support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your request is urgent and requires immediate attention, please note “emergency” in your message.
As a small-to-mid sized business owner, make 2020 the year to focus on your company goals while SkyViewTek manages your computer network through our Proactive Monitoring / Managed Services Program (MSP).
Our Proactive Monitoring services through SkyViewTek’s MSP include the following:
- Help Desk Support – priority assistance for MSP clients, unlimited remote support for regular maintenance issues during regular business hours, plus priority response and discounts on rates for additional support and new projects.
- 8×5 monitoring of computers: 200+ monitoring points are checked for 8 business hours per day, 5 business days per week.
- 24×7 monitoring of servers (features same as item #1 plus alert conditions – power supply or disk down, overtemp).
- Monthly health report with color-coded pie charts, bar graphs and “health grade” based on 0 to 100.
- Quarterly onsite maintenance to minimize emergency support issues and downtime and to provide updates to non-Windows items (e.g., Chrome, Java, Adobe) and run SkyViewTek clean-up tool on applicable computers.
- Network documentation: graphic layout of network, documentation of passwords (hardware/software / cloud programs). Managed Services are based on SVT-certified network.
- Cybersecurity risk minimization: Firewalls, Antivirus, Backup, Email Spam and Threat Protection, Microsoft Patch Management.
- CIO strategic planning meetings (scheduled semi-annual or annual).
Contact us today for a consultation. Call 610-590-5006 or email email@example.com.
Whether it’s Comcast or Verizon Fios, if your business relies on the internet to access customer/patient data, financial data, etc., then you need to implement a redundant Internet connection – aka a “failover” for when your primary Internet provider goes down. Call 610-590-5006 for details.