60 percent of companies fail in 6 months because of cyber-attacks. The importance of a good cyber security plan and infrastructure is hard to overstate. Cyber security is important to all businesses, especially ones in ecommerce, handling sensitive financial information about clients. So what kinds of services do cyber security companies provide? We know from experience that businesses need more than just a simple antivirus. We help minimize risks by protecting your business’ computer network and data from cyber-attacks and other disasters.
Services of Cyber Security Companies
Key components of a good cyber security plan include the following:
A firewall is a piece of either hardware or software that monitors and filters incoming and outgoing network traffic based on specific security rules. Firewalls establish barriers between trusted internal networks and untrusted external networks. If the filters flag an incoming packet of information as unsafe, that packet is prevented from entering the network.
We specialize working with small to medium sized businesses (SMB), and even though those businesses are “small”, the amount of computers and data moving in and out make firewalls a vital component of cyber security. A good firewall will set the right parameters to identify which data is malicious and properly filter such data out of the network.
Specifically, the firewall we recommend is SonicWall. SonicWall provides a comprehensive package of services that create a thoroughly secure firewall. Some of the services we offer with SonicWall include:
- Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) – Effective zero-day threat protection from ransomware and other malware.
- Gateway Anti-Virus – Keep your network safe from known and unknown cyber threats with real time protection.
- Intrusion Prevention – Inspect deep packets to protect your network from application exploits, worms, and malicious traffic.
- Content Filtering Service – Restrict access to illegal or malicious web content and utilize custom bandwidth management.
Cyber security companies originally developed antivirus software to focus on threat detection and removing malware from a computer. However, as more advanced threats have developed, antivirus software has become far more comprehensive.
When installing antivirus for a home desktop or laptop, device performance may slow down. This is a minor issue for a single computer at home, but for businesses running several or dozens of computers at once, this minor issue can become a real problem. Whenever we work with businesses to develop their antivirus protection, we always emphasize detecting and resolving threats early and quickly. Your time matters and we strive to keep your business running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
As such, we recommend WebRoot. WebRoot antivirus provides great endpoint security for business’ desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and other network endpoints. The main benefits of WebRoot include:
- Fast, effective, easy-to-use security – Cloud computing lifts the intense work of running antivirus software off your shoulders, keeping your computer performance high and stable.
- Hierarchical views and custom reports – Create custom reports that allow you to better understand the full picture of cyber-attacks, endpoint protection, and other metrics.
- Enhanced automation and full scalability – Save time and money by taking advantage of automation features while being able to scale your antivirus as your business continuously changes.
- Lower TCO (total cost of ownership) and flexible billing – Flexible billing methods and processes, combined with the previous features, all lead to lower costs for your business.
Even small to medium sized businesses handle a ton of data and information regularly. Both company and client data are crucial to protect, especially in the case of data breaches and other cyber-attacks. Keeping data safe requires both strong network security and endpoint protection, and full data backup systems and processes.
A good data recovery infrastructure will keep data safe and secure from internal and external threats. Data backup should also have a fast incident response time, along with the ability to efficiently and fully restore any lost or corrupted data. Recovering data also ensures that your business maintains trust with clients and gives them peace of mind that the sensitive information entrusted to you is safe.
Our go-to, recommended data backup product is Datto. The primary reasons why we suggest and work with Datto data backup are the following:
- Security & Compliance – SOC 2 & HIPAA compliance keeps your client data safe and secure.
- Privacy – Simple, streamlined privacy measures that can restrict access to prevent possible incidents.
- Fast and Easy File Restoration – Fast and easy file restoration process to recover any lost or corrupted data.
- Centralized Management – A full risk management infrastructure to track and manage all activity, users, devices, and storage.
SkyViewTek Is Your Local Technology Support and Cyber Security Company
As the world and businesses become more reliant on computers and the Internet, cyber security becomes increasingly important. From malicious web applications to mobile security and anything in-between, the need for cyber security companies is at an all-time high. We will help you determine the best cyber security solutions for your business needs. Learn more about our other services or contact us today to learn how we can improve your office productivity and profitability.