Cyber Security Company Helping Small Business
Over 77% of all cyber-crimes target small and midsize enterprises (SMEs) and yet, research shows 42% of small and midsize businesses don’t see cyber-crime as a risk. Securing your growing enterprise against cyber threats is critical, but it takes time and resources away from growth activities. The problem only gets worse when traditional security solutions fail to stop advanced attacks.
Modern cyber-crimes go beyond nuisance attacks. Given the number and severity of cyber-attacks against smaller enterprises, it’s no surprise that 60% of victims go out of business within six months of a breach. The importance of a good cyber security plan and infrastructure is hard to overstate. Cyber security is important to all businesses, especially ones in ecommerce, handling sensitive financial information about clients. SkyViewTek knows from experience that businesses need more than just a simple antivirus. Through our cyber security offering, we work with our small business clients to help minimize risks by protecting your business’ computer network and data from cyber-attacks and other disasters.
A healthy security architecture is built on three pillars—people, processes, and technology. A well-designed security architecture not only considers security risks and mitigations but also includes the blending of people, processes, and technology. It is no longer up to I.T. only to minimize security risks – it’s truly a team effort with employees and management teams included.
See SkyViewTek’s Cyber Security offering below and contact us today for more information.
SkyViewTek’s Cyber Security Offering, as Supplement to Proactive Monitoring:
- Annual Full Security Training
- Security Risk Assessment
- Continuous (Micro) Training
- Multiple Simulated Phishing
- Continuous Dark Web Monitoring
- Personal Dark Web Scans
- Employee Vulnerability Assessment (Dashboard)
- Sample Policy Documents
And the Technology component –
*24/7 Monitoring & Correlation: fully staffed SOC keeps a watchful eye on SVT clients’ Microsoft environments to detect unusual user activity, correlate events, and alerts SVT of real threats.
*Monitors for Leaked Credentials, Sign-in from anonymous IP address, Atypical Travel, and more.
- EndPoint Detection Response (EDR) – continuous monitoring and mitigation of threats by SOC
- Advanced AI Enabled AntiVirus
- Secure DNS for Internet Browsing
You might ask yourself…
As a small business owner, still not convinced you need cyber security services?
I’m a small Business. Am I really a target?
Why would a criminal want my Data? It’s not that valuable.
I already have a firewall, anti-virus, and a backup solution. Do I really need more?
I thought you were already keeping me safe?
Cyber Security is a Collaborative Effort between SkyViewTek and Our Clients. Call us today to go through these questions with you.
Antivirus / Data Backup / Firewall
A firewall is a piece of either hardware or software that monitors and filters incoming and outgoing network traffic based on specific security rules. Firewalls establish barriers between trusted internal networks and untrusted external networks. If the filters flag an incoming packet of information as unsafe, that packet is prevented from entering the network.
We specialize working with small to medium sized businesses (SMB), and even though those businesses are “small”, the amount of computers and data moving in and out make firewalls a vital component of cyber security. A good firewall will set the right parameters to identify which data is malicious and properly filter such data out of the network.
Specifically, the firewall we recommend is SonicWall. SonicWall provides a comprehensive package of services that create a thoroughly secure firewall.
Some of the services we offer with SonicWall include:
- Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) – Effective zero-day threat protection from ransomware and other malware.
- Gateway Anti-Virus – Keep your network safe from known and unknown cyber threats with real time protection.
- Intrusion Prevention – Inspect deep packets to protect your network from application exploits, worms, and malicious traffic.
- Content Filtering Service – Restrict access to illegal or malicious web content and utilize custom bandwidth management.
Cyber security companies originally developed antivirus software to focus on threat detection and removing malware from a computer. However, as more advanced threats have developed, antivirus software has become far more comprehensive.
When installing antivirus for a home desktop or laptop, device performance may slow down. This is a minor issue for a single computer at home, but for businesses running several or dozens of computers at once, this minor issue can become a real problem. Whenever we work with businesses to develop their antivirus protection, we always emphasize detecting and resolving threats early and quickly. Your time matters and we strive to keep your business running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
As such, we recommend WebRoot. WebRoot antivirus provides great endpoint security for business’ desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and other network endpoints.
The main benefits of WebRoot include:
- Fast, effective, easy-to-use security – Cloud computing lifts the intense work of running antivirus software off your shoulders, keeping your computer performance high and stable.
- Hierarchical views and custom reports – Create custom reports that allow you to better understand the full picture of cyber-attacks, endpoint protection, and other metrics.
- Enhanced automation and full scalability – Save time and money by taking advantage of automation features while being able to scale your antivirus as your business continuously changes.
- Lower TCO (total cost of ownership) and flexible billing – Flexible billing methods and processes, combined with the previous features, all lead to lower costs for your business.
Even small to medium sized businesses handle a ton of data and information regularly. Both company and client data are crucial to protect, especially in the case of data breaches and other cyber-attacks. Keeping data safe requires both strong network security and endpoint protection, and full data backup systems and processes.
A good data recovery infrastructure will keep data safe and secure from internal and external threats. Data backup should also have a fast incident response time, along with the ability to efficiently and fully restore any lost or corrupted data. Recovering data also ensures that your business maintains trust with clients and gives them peace of mind that the sensitive information entrusted to you is safe.
Our go-to, recommended data backup product is Datto.
The primary reasons why we suggest and work with Datto data backup are the following:
- Security & Compliance – SOC 2 & HIPAA compliance keeps your client data safe and secure.
- Privacy – Simple, streamlined privacy measures that can restrict access to prevent possible incidents.
- Fast and Easy File Restoration – Fast and easy file restoration process to recover any lost or corrupted data.
- Centralized Management – A full risk management infrastructure to track and manage all activity, users, devices, and storage.
SkyViewTek Is Your Local Technology Support and Cyber Security Company
As the world and businesses become more reliant on computers and the Internet, cyber security becomes increasingly important. From malicious web applications to mobile security and anything in-between, the need for cyber security companies is at an all-time high. We will help you determine the best cyber security solutions for your business needs, which can vary widely depending on factors such as whether your employees are on site all or part of the time or if employees work at home using personal networks and personal equipment. Whatever your business practices, we know the right way to ensure protection of your sensitive data. Learn more about our other services such as managed IT services, cloud solutions, email services and software implementations. Contact us today to learn how we can improve your office security, productivity and profitability.