Now with (some) snow here, we thought we would share some troubleshooting techniques in case your Internet goes down.
- Don’t laugh, but is the power on? Is your computer powered up, is your Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as Comcast / FIOS / RCN) powered up?
- Ok, everything is up but I can’t connect. Reboot your firewall if you have one and then your computer.
- If you have FIOS, you may need to disconnect the battery for your Optical Network Terminal (ONT) and power it off and back on.
- Finally, your provider may be experiencing an outage. Call their support number and register a complaint. If they take days to get back up, you may be able to claim a refund. FIOS Support is 800.837.4966 and Comcast 800.934.6489.
- Most of all, talk to us AHEAD of time to plan for a backup. If having your Internet up and running is a primary concern for your business, we can help you with failover and redundancy solutions, UPS backups, and generators.
For more information, call 610.590.5006 or click here.